Medical advances continue to improve the survival rates of people who suffer critical illnesses such as cancer, stroke and heart disease. Critical illness insurance can protect your income and family. Taking the time needed to recover can come with a significant financial cost that impacts both you and the people close to you.
Critical illness insurance offers the financial help to pay the costs associated with life-altering illnesses. If you become sick with an illness covered by your policy and survive the waiting period, you’ll receive a lump-sum cash payment. And, unlike reimbursed health insurance benefits, you decide how to spend the money.
DID YOU KNOW?
- 26% of Canadians will be diagnosed with a critical illness before the age of 65
- 75% of stroke suffers survive the initial attack
- Statistics show that 2 in 5 Canadians will develop cancer in their lifetime
You can use the money to help you:
- Find the best healthcare available, anywhere
- Hire a nurse of caregiver to help you at home
- Make mortgage payments
- Replace lost income
- Reduce your workload to help you recover
- Take a vacation
Getting your money back:
There are “return of premium riders” available for critical illness insurance that are worth learning about:
- 100% of your premium returned if you don’t make a claim
- 100% of your premium returned if you die of another cause
- 100% of your premium returned if you cancel coverage within terms of your contract